The ASEAN Scholarships aim to provide opportunities to the young people of ASEAN to develop their potential and equip them with skills that will enable them to confidently step into the new millennium.
The ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students from Indonesia are welcome to apply for the ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary Three level. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships will be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Indonesia
- Between 14+ to 16+ years old (as of January 2009)
- Sat for 2008 SMP 3 National Final Evaluation Examination (UAN) and have done consistently well in school
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes. Activity Date
Application Period 7 June to 15 July 2008
Selection Test Mid August
Selection Interview Late September
Award of Scholarship Mid October
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore Late October
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Where to obtain application forms during the application period
There are 2 ways which you can apply for the ASEAN Scholarships. Please choose only one method to submit your application form.
Test and Interview City
Jakarta, Medan, Surabaya, Pontianak
Note: Surabaya and Pontianak may be used as Test Centres if there are sufficient candidates. Medan, Surabaya and Pontianak may be used as Interview Centres if there are sufficient candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) per annum with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Economy class air passage to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of course
- Waiver of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Waiver of GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
- Bridging courses (if applicable, in Singapore before start of course)
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship
- Download a copy of the application form (96kb .xls) here in MS Excel format. (Note: Please click “Enable Macros” upon opening the document.)
- Complete the form on your computer at your own time and save your completed form in the following Excel format Name(Country).xls
- Email to MOE_ASEAN_Scholarships@moe.gov.sg
- You should indicate your email subject / title as Name (Country)
- You do not need to submit softcopies of your supporting documents such as result slips, birth certificate / passport / identity card or testimonials via email. You will be required to submit these documents via post if you are shortlisted for the Selection Test.
- Please do not send us a print-out of the form.
- Download a copy of the application form (89kb .pdf).
- You may also obtain a hardcopy of the application form at the following addresses:
Embassy of the Republic of Singapore
Graha Surya Internusa
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav X-0
Jakarta 12950 IndonesiaConsultate of the Republic of Singapore
Surya Dumai Group Building
Jalan Sudirman No. 395
- Applications should be supported by certified copies of the following documents:
– 2008 SMP 3 National Final Evaluation Examination (UAN) results
– Birth Certificate/ Identity Card / Passport
– Testimonials or records of co-curricular activities
Send your completed form and copies of supporting documents to the Singapore Ministry of Education at the following address:
ASEAN Scholarships Application (Indonesia)
School Placement and Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive
This information provided by Ministry of Education, Singapore